[DL] (DL) Gaming Atmosphere Question

Hi Everyone,

During my early gaming years (ah sweet memories) My first marshal used to personify death, or more correctly, the ferryman in our games. I honestly don't know if this is in any of the source books at all but it is amazing after a while how the simple introduction of a wanderer playing a harmonica who shows up when the posse kills a few people, charges te posse a toll fr the ferry )2 silver dolars and then carries the dead souls off to the hunting grounds. can really add atmosphere, especially if you start playing when they havent killed anyone, means one of them is due..hehe.

Infact one of the best memories of the game ws the approaching of our posse to a military encampment, viewing the scene and then hearing the echoing tones of the harmonica, holding our breath and waiting for the ferryman to show up we waited, and waited, drew our guns to defend ourselves against what ever horrors were about to usher us to the next life,then noticed a guard ontop a lookout post playing the harmonica, from what I recall the posee elected to stone him to death......

I would welcome anyone elses thoughts on this

Marshal & Player

Peter King