[DL] Old West Photo Source (was: Adding other Steampunk RPG)

>     On a side note, does anyone know some good sites to get reference
> pictures of people and places during the late 1870s and early 1880s?  I'm an
> artist in need of some ideas for outfits for the characters i have been
> drawing.

Here's a resource you can try: the National Archives and Records Administration's "Photographs of the American West, 1861 - 1912" gallery. Lots of good stuff there, 196 high-quality photographs. No thumbnails, but there are categories and descriptions for each photo. Heck, I'd recommend it for anyone who wanted to get a feel for how the West looked. Want to see Deadwood, circa 1876? Photo# 155. Judge Roy Bean? Photo# 84. A good people picture: Photo# 145.

Here's the link: http://www.archives.gov/research_room/research_topics/american_west/american_west.html

Derek D. Bass
Etheric Musings - The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://www.steamenginechaos.com/mage/ether.htm
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup