Re: Double Action weapons ( Was: [DL] E-books @ www.rpgnow.com)

> > Oh, and Off-Topic for those who may be interested, my
> > first time grabbing the reigns as Marshal last friday
> > went pretty well.  The only conflict I had was one of
> > the players was insisting that Colt Double Action
> > Peacemakers can't be fanned because they don't have
> > the hammer in the back.  Well... I fixed that up with
> > some quick research.

Well, they can't be fanned, but not due to the location of the hammer.  At
least on my double actions, pulling the hammer back doesn't rotate the
cylinder, thus fanning has no effect.  The hammer merely slams down on an
empty chamber.  The cylinder turns when the trigger is pulled, thus you need
to release the trigger and pull it again to fire again.

Alex