Double Action weapons ( Was: [DL] E-books @ www.rpgnow.com)

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 11:25  AM, Marshal Mike wrote:
> Shane, is there any chance of seeing the list of
> available e-books grow in the future?

Not trying to speak for Shane, but I think he;s said that te plan is to
put books that are out of print and unlikely to be reprinted in e-book
form. It's a pretty good policy, from both our end (we can still get
the books we crave) and the PEG end (they can still get a bit off these
without the risk of printing a possibly-obsolete book)

Also, Shane seems to spend time fixing typos as part of prepping the
books... At least, the ones I got as part of the anniversary CD deal
were marked as 'revised' copies.

> Oh, and Off-Topic for those who may be interested, my
> first time grabbing the reigns as Marshal last friday
> went pretty well.  The only conflict I had was one of
> the players was insisting that Colt Double Action
> Peacemakers can't be fanned because they don't have
> the hammer in the back.  Well... I fixed that up with
> some quick research.

I think by the rules, it can't... Only single-action weapons can be
fanned, but the double-action weapons can take two shots. There's a
single-action and double-action Peacemaker, however. Maybe one of the
list's more knowledgable firearm experts can jump in.

Of course, my brain has been leaking out my ears for the last week or
so, so this may be BS.

> I was pretty nervous, though... I wasn't even sure if
> I wanted to do it.  But, I had fun, and I think
> everyone else had fun.  The mix of characters is
> interesting.

I spent a rather depressing weekend getting my notes together for the
game I'm runing friday... I'm using a one-shot Halloween adventure to
resolve a campaign loose end by letting my posse play as the MiBD for a
night of Aliens-esque fun. Should be interesing....