Re: Double Action weapons ( Was: [DL] E-books @ www.rpgnow.com)

--- Brett Dixon <balance@tubas.net> wrote:
> > Ah, OK, i think i understand. I'm not exactly a
> firearms expert
> myself... IIRC, the hamemr is their, it's just
> mechanically moved such
> that fanning doesn't work right, correct?

That's correct.  The cylinder is turned by different
methods depending if it's single action or double
action.

> I may be getting curmudgeonly in my old age, but
> I've started getting
> aggresive about ending the pointless arguments like
> this that tend to
> pop up in gaming... So many times I've seen a player
> and the GM, or two
> players, arguing for ten minutes before they realize
> that they actually
> agree. The sad thing is, I tend to do this most when
> I'm a player...

The problem is, the player in question that was making
this pointless argument is the kind of person who
believes he's right about everything... even if
doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.