[DL] Scart Table

Was curious about a small possible clarification:

When rolling on the Scart Table to see what wonderful pain and agony the
failed Guts checks cause, do you add all the die results together as though
it were damage (and if so do you reroll aces?) or do you just take the
highest result (obviously rerolling aces) as with an aptitude check?

I haven't been able to find a place in the rules that specifies this.  Thus
far, I've been using the former method, but it occurred to me recently (as
my posse members were lying crippled and drooling -- due to results on the
scart table -- before what was luckily not too vindictive an opponent) that
perhaps we are supposed to use the latter method.

Any thoughts?

-- Jim