Re: [DL] Mad Science Arcane background.

I've had 4 mad scientists in my posses. 1 actually concocted something (a
glaze to make flaming bullets), 1 wasn't around long enough to really do
all that much as a MS, 1 I didn't even realize was a MS (he was a
werewolf hunter with a sword and duster, not your typical MS. side note:
the player later informed ME, the marshal, that this character was also
an mmortal time traveler demi-god. so I dropped a rock on his head. I
hate power characters), and 1 tried using his mad science skill (very
poor) to cut a sotve in half and wear it as is for armor. He busted,
gained a phobia of his own shadow, and proceded to look like an idiot
hobbling around town with a stove strapped to his chest, screaming at his
own shadow. I've had it pretty across the board.

Dave

> > spoilers
> >

> > Is thier any real point in buying this advantage? In
> >
> > the dozen or so games of deadlands I've been in, and
> >
> > all the other's I've personaly heard of, the typical
> >
> > MS starts off with the one invention he's built,
> > uses
> > it, and then never uses the mechanics of the edge
> > ever again. I've yet to see a MS acually sit down
> > and
> > make up something new, so could not a player make a
> > guy that has up to 5 points of belongin' and
> > roleplay
> > the rest of it rather then spend the 5 points on the
>
> In the game I run the party currently has a lot of mad
> scientists and they all are building stuff constantly.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com