[DL] A run down on my newest campaign

I thought I would post what's going on in my newest campaign to see what ya'll think.

Several in our group like to run games, so we tend to run our games in chapters. Play for a while then stop, move on to another game then come back to previous ones and start up where it left off. About a year ago I paused a game that had lasted almost a year. It's now time again to crank it back up.

I've added a couple of DL rookies to the mix and this is how it's shaped up. I've got one texas ranger, a chinese martial artist, a huckster, and indian shaman, and a poor cowpoke. The ranger is an ex-reb soldier. The martial artist had the unfortunate luck of pissing off Kang's men in Shan Fan and is now on the run. The huckster (DL rookie #1) is a buisness man that owns his own train (saloon on wheels). His hook into the group is that he's been working with the Rangers in order to keep them from silencing him for good. The shaman (DL rookie #2) is chreokee from the Coyote Confederation. His hook is that his tribe works closely with the rebs in order to preserve thier well being. He's been asked to accompany the ranger as a tracker. The cowpoke is the mentally handicapped son of an Oklahoma farmer. He was brought into the group with his brother who has since died. There's also an NPC with them, a methodist preacher (former PC that I had to take over when the player moved up to Yank territory.)

Well that's the cast....now for the story. Possible spoilers!!!!!

IF YOU AIN'T NO MARSHSALL......GET OUT!

At the conclusion of the first half of the game, three of the players made thier 5th point of grit. You all know what that means. They haven't fought them yet but they've heard the rumbling for a few days now.

I can't imagine a group having to fight three Los Diablos.

I also ended the game with them sitting in a saloon in Tombstone and STONE walks in. I really wanted them to just be scared and nervous about what was to come when we decided to play again. Well, the Ranger of the group fought at the battle of Gettysburg and being that Stone was there too, I decided to link them together. Stone knows that the group must die for thier actions against the Reckoners, but Stone wants the Ranger's badge to himself. He's heard the rumbling and knows Los Diablos is on their trail. He's shown up to play with them alittle.

Picture it.....we're playing by candle light and I've got the mood creepy as hell. Stone comes in and everyone's face turns pale. They just knew they were dead...and it's only the first game session back. The ranger recognizes him and starts to speak. Stone stares right threw him (causing a guts check...which he fails, losing a step of deftness permantly) and interupts him. He tells the group what's chasing them and clues them in to a little info on our long horned friends. He tells the Ranger that he deserves to be killed by a southerner but that now isn't the time. Everyone is thoroughly on edge now and he quietly strolls out. It went PERFECT!

Hank Ketchum heard word of what took place and played the group a visit as well. He hooked the ranger up with a Supernatural Phenomenon Survival Kit and a couple of MKII's. So he's ready to rock and roll.

The problem is that 3 of the PC's aren't being hunted. Only the ranger, the preacher, and the cowpoke have 5 grit. The huckster wants to bolt and say screw you guys, but Hank told him that if he agrees to help that he would see about helping his situation out with the rangers. The martial artist and the shaman see it as a challenge and are in for the long haul.

The group immediatly left Tombstone to head for a less populated area and one that they could hopefully defend. There high tailing it to some mountains NE of tombstone. I forgot to mention the fact that the group's original plan was to go together to Colorado where thier had been some problems with indian raiders ( really Black River which gets them into all the Black Circle mess).

I guess the reason I'm posting all of this is to see what the other marahals suggest for me. I'm about to have them face 3 Los Diablos and I've got a huckster that might want to leave the group when this is all over. Other than that I've captured every emotion that I've wanted so far. Wish me luck!

Do you Yahoo!?