[DL] Re: Epitaphs and reprinted material (Shane)

Shane wrote:
>Hank Woolsey wrote:
> > I kind of have a problem with paying for d20
> material
> > in the Epitaphs from products I already own. Is
> there
> > any chance this material could be released as
> > purchasable PDF, like OOP books, so the Epitaphs
> could
> > be reserved for new material? This would give d20
> > people the added bonus of being able to easily
> keep
> > the conversions with the original material,
> without
> > cutting up their Epitaphs.
>
> 'Fraid not. It makes the books that much more useful
> to the couple thousand
> D20 fans out there--and we need them in on the book
> too. That said, it's not
> that big of a chunk.

Good to know it won't be much space. Thanks for a
response on the whole issue. It's nice to be listened
to.

> Remember too that *everything* inside has been
> increased as well. The word
> count per page is up 25%, the margins are down, the
> type size is down. I
> think you'll still find it well worth your dinero.
> And I don't plan on
> raising the price of 128-page books as most everyone
> else is doing right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new design. If I've
had one consistent issue with Pinnacle products, it's
been the large amount of white space in the design (it
hasn't kept me from buying things, just been a
"wouldn't this be that much better if I had even more
content" kind of thing).

Great news about the price. I don't mind an increased
price from most other companies, but I do mind those
companies who have increased price and drastically
reduced page count. At the same time, if PEG does have
to increase price some to stay profitable, it will be
great to have more content from the modified design.
At least we would get more for paying more.

> On average, of course you'll get a little less stuff
> than you would buying a
> standard dedicated sourcebook for one line, but I
> think *what* you get will
> be much more useful. In other words, I think you'll
> get less "words" out of
> the book *if* you're only playing one line, but more
> *use* out of what
> remains. If you're playing or even just reading all
> the lines, you'll get
> *way* more than you used to--esp. in usage.

I'm currently only collecting all three lines, and
I've never been disappointed by the idea of the
combined Epitaph.

> But as usual, check it out at your local game store
> and decide for yourself.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks again for the response, Shane.

Hank Woolsey