Re: [DL] Question about the tempest

--- "Everett E. Proctor" <spiritmast@globaldialog.com> wrote:

> Fred Jandt <fajandt@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > --- cnc80@shaw.ca wrote:
> > >
> > > If you take a tempest and since you only get one
> > > spell, which spell would you guys recommend (for
> > > both 1st edition deadlands and d20).
> >
> > Something that does damage. ;)
> >
> Nah.   Go for something fun, or in character.
>
> Imagine a sailor with Air Bubble or Hard Water
> or a thief with Forget, Flypaper Fingers Ghost Trail, Imposter,
> Incognito, Phantom Fingers, or Shadow Walk
> or a scout with Home Ground,
>
> Draw, Hurry Up!, Long-Winded, Phantom Fingers and Penny Ante  can
> always
> be useful in a pinch
>
> -Everett

I agree with it about being in character, but the original intent of
the Tempest was to use a hex that was unconcealable and usually doing
alot of collateral damage, such as Texas Twister. The Corporeal Tweak
is a neat idea if the character becomes visibly modified, but I would
think some area effect version of Corporeal Twist would be more in the
spirit of the Tempest as everyone (including friendlies) in the area
suddenly withers up and the Tempest kicks all the wrinkly butt.
Remember they are a storm not a focused canon.

Jim