Re: [DL] New Prestige class: the wichita witch

> Basically, I used the basic progression of the
> Spellsword and
> Bladesinger from Tomb and Blood.
>
> That was the the basis for both BAB and saving
> throws.

Ah, righto. I guess I haven't studied the published
prestiges enough.

> Since so many skills are considered  core on most of
> the Deadland's
> classes, I have difficulty deciding on what to keep
> and what to throw away.
>
> Any ideas out there to keep this consistant?

I'd cut Speak Language, Gunplay, and Speedload for
certain. I believe that anyone can pick up a new
language for 2 skill points (2 half ranks, really)
which is reduced to 1 if it's a class skill. It only
makes sense as a class skill if the character's
primary role is diplomacy. Diplomacy is an iffy one,
but I usually gloss over the skill if the character
has a high enough charisma and role plays the part
well enough. Intimidate seems like a much stronger
selection, fitting the flavor text and all. The gun
skills don't fit the class focus, useful as they may
be. The outdoorsy skills are also suspect. Enforcer
training sounds like it would focus on the offensive,
not living longterm off the land.

I don't know of any concrete rules for balancing
skills, but I try to start with an already made class
and tweak from there.

> >Does the Sisterhood ability cover hitting and
> damage?
> >
> Good question.  Which do you think would be more
> suitable?  I'm
> personally leaning towards just to hit.

If the ability is based on supernatural unity/knowing
exactly how your partners will act I'd go for just to
hit. If it's more of a frenzy, a +2 morale bonus to
hit and damage sounds fair.