RE: [DL] Why do people grumble about deadlands d20?

<sigh>  You know, the sad part here is you only got 2 replies to your
question before you got an example of exactly what you're facing.  I'm just
glad Shane and Chris were there to step up to the bat.

It is unfortunately a fact that there has been a backlash against d20.
Everyone can give you what they believe the reasons to be, but it doesn't
change the situation.  So there is this group of people out there with this
irrational dislike of d20, and any negative thing they can attach to d20 is
a mark in their book.  The reverse side of this paradigm is any positive
effect of d20, they promptly ignore.

In my opinion, the best thing you can do is ignore them and remember the
problem is their own.  Despite the loudness of their protests, they really
are the minority.  The truly depressing factor is that gamers who feel
threatened by other people playing Deadlands d20 have so much in common with
Jack Chick, and they don't even realize it.

The preceding has been my opinion.  If you wish to respond, please do so
directly to me.

If you do not, be advised that I have relatives in the Appalachian Mountains
with more banjo strings than teeth that will make you wish Mr. McGlothlin
had put out a contract on you.  ;-)

>I've sent a feel responses and everytime I say I've been playing
>deadlands d20, They give me a look like I feel like I just stepped out
>of a leper colony.
>
>I didn't think the deadlands d20 book was that bad.
>
>Although the way books could be slightly better designed.

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."