[DL] the cackler...anything changed since years past???

Like I said, was recently rereading books...wondering
if the story of the cackler ever came public or if
it's still the great secret of the Deadlands world..

By the way, in regards to the subject of the D20
thread:

I don't like deadlands D20 becaue it takes flavor out
of the system.  The chips and cards add intensely to
the feel of the game environment, whereas d20 is
simply, well, the d20 system.

With systems like the World of Darkness system, and
hell, even the d20 system, nothing special is in there
that really ADDS to the environment or feel for the
players.  It comes down to "roll this, this happens".
There's a lot more w/deadlands because of the cards
and chips to make playing the game feel "westerny".

Pece