[DL] Why do people grumble about deadlands d20?

This can only be symptomatic of people with too much
time on their hands, or perhaps the fall of western
culture in general.

Seriously though, I only got into Deadlands when it
became a D20 product.  Why?  Because I'm a busy guy.
I am a practicing trial lawyer who has an enormous
caseload (I am, as we speak, involved in three
separate ongoing trials) and I simply decided that I
did not have the time to learn a new RPG system.

When you come down to it, all combat-oriented RPGs are
essentially similar.  Roll the dice, hit the bad guy,
keep doing this until he drops, or makes you drop.

The real fun of any RPG is not in the system, but in
the interaction with the GM and other players.  I have
played whole evenings in which no system was involved
whatsoever, just byplay of characters in various
situations.

That is just as much fun whether you're playing D20,
original Deadlands, or TWERPS.