definitely the best thing to come out of Doomtown. Ah Luvs me Luvecraft,
and Goff and Vaux really made a great set of villains with them. And for
those of us who like conflicted characters, whoooee! John Goodrich
Former Doomtown story writer  Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:44:17 -0500
From: sosentinel@adelphia.net Subject: Re: [DL] Doomtown, Gomorra, etc.
At 03:31 PM 11/21/2002, Mr. Patrick Purcell wrote:

>>I feel overall, though, that the CCG had too much
>>influence on the game world.  Maybe I should take a
>>different perspective and be glad that they have all
>>sorts of different fun stuff to write about, but there
>>was a time (is it STILL happening) that every book
>>thrown out was related to Doomtown....Doomtown or
>>Bust, Ghostbusters, the Collegium, etc, etc.

         Under John Goff's tenure as Line Developer, there was a concerted
effort to link the RPG and the CCG, with the hope that fans of both would
benefit and get turned on to the other if they were already into one.
         IMHO, some really fine books came out of this period (e.g., The
Black Circle, Ghost Busters Rain o' Terror) and at least one really bad one
(Dead Presidents) when the link (and other factors) overruled good sense.
Still, I'll never forget:
         John Goff: "We want you to do an adventure that wraps up all the
Confederate plot threads."
         Me: "Awesome!"
         John: "It starts in Doomtown."

         :-)