Re: [DL] Deadlands Computer Game

On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 01:02  PM, bruce boragine wrote:

> it looks like deadlnads might be released before CoC, instead of
> after. the
> interview said CoC still needs a publisher, whereas DL already has one.

I probably won't play either (I have a PS2 with enough games I don't
have time to play, and do my 'real work' at home on the Macs) but if
there's a version available, i'll get one.

One really nice thing is that it seems like headFirst is really
concerned with keeping the 'feel' of their licensees games intact...
Dream pod 9 seems to have had some minor issues where both of their
computer games deviated somewhat, and they've had to deal with issues
stemming from the direction Activision took the sequel for quite a
while.

(HG1 apparently had homing bazookas and other oddities because HG1 was
based off MechWarrior 3's engine. HG2 had the setting changed to a
battle on Caprice and, while vaguely following what seems to have been
the intended storyline, some shortcuts were taken to make things work
easier.)