From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]On Behalf Of Paul-André Beaulieu
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2002 7:42 PM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: [DL] Newcomer - d20 Question

Greetings all... I've been lurking here for a little while, and have a question to ask the d20 crowd particularly:

The Rifleman prestige class (from Way of the Gun) gets the Marksman feat at 1st level. They also get a 'coup de grace' (I believe that's the name) ability (at 5th level, I believe) that lets them inflict a coup de grace (killing shot) using their rifle after aiming for two full rounds. I'm sorry if I got this wrong, but doesn't the Marksman feat allow you to do just that after aiming for a single full round? I just can't see the advantage of the 'coup de grace' rilfeman ability when compared to the Marksman feat.

-P-A