Re: [DL] GURPS

>I havn't read it yet, but I was wondering if anyone else out their has
>had any experience with GURPS, and what did you think? Are there any
>GURPS books that are reallt good and possibly usuful to a Deadlands
>junky?

The Gurps system works, with the caveat that the power levels are different for
characters from each sourcebook.

I was slightly disappointed with the Gurps dime novels.  At least the fiction
parts were written by someone without a strong grasp of the Deadlands setting.
Well, at least was unaware of one critical detail - that most people don't know
about the Reckoning.

When I read in one of the Gurps Dime Novels something along the lines of "Yup,
that was our third sheriff this week.  That derned undead outlaw is really
making life tough for us around here.... "  I lost a bit of faith there.

--
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com