Re: [DL] The Dark Towre (Was: Deadlands Inspirations (WAS New Western comic (kinda OT) )

<I liked the setting... The concept of the using Wild West style pistol duels as part of a more feudal-sounding fantasy society seemed like a good idea... but the first novel basically used that as backdrop instead of exploring it, which turned me off.>

I have to agree fully with these comments, the first book kinda left me wondering why I read it, but a friend gave me the second one and I liked it more. So much more, that I have since read parts 3 & 4.

He gets a lot more into Roland's background further along in the series, but I was very let down bythe fourth book,the novelty of it wore off quickly.

<The funny thing is I like most of King's older supernatural horror, although I'm a bit less of a fan of his psychological horror from the last decade or so.>

I have always disliked the endings, i'm not sure why though.