Re: [DL] Inspirations and Stephen King

On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 10:14  AM, Vang wrote:
> Jason Young wrote:
>> So am I the only one out here who despised this movie? Obviously, I
>> have
>> no taste.
> Quick and the Dead had its moments, the best of which was when the
> credits started rolling.  I haven't seen so much ham acting outside of
> butcher shop in a long time.

It's watchable. I think the reason it took so much abuse was that it
came along when 'fun' Westerns were considered hideously politically
incorrect, and the only thing that was acceptable was the socially
conscious, environmentally friendly sagas like Dances with Wolves or
Unforgiven. (Both of which are good movies, but sometimes you want a
cheesey shootout).

Q&tD was goofy and overtop because that's the way it was intended to
be, I hope.