Re: [DL] Here we go again...Deadlands timeline

On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 03:57  PM, Nick Zachariasen wrote:

>> Another resource is the Deadlands timeline, but I think it's out of
>> date unfortunately. it's located at:
>> http://mscof.home.texas.net/timeline/timetable.htm
>>
>> and probably DOES have some spoilers.
>
> It does, though once while trying to get the grasp of XML/XHTML I
> redacted
> it to black out any spoiler info by using custom tags and a style
> sheet.
> Unfortunately, only Mozilla will render it correctly. IE, of course,
> completely ignores any and all special markup.

That's OK... i had a massive document of handouts ready for use in a
game and had used a feature in my WP (Mariner Write) to make bits of
documents look like they had been 'blacked out' and even varied the
tint slightly to make some readable... if you squinted just right. Then
I print (which involves, at present, a messy arrangement of bringing my
laptop to work with all print documents converted to a form I can deal
with on MacOS X (No Illustrator on Mac OS X, at least for me!), qued
the print job to a suspended local print spooler, then triggered it as
I grabbed a spare chair after hours in the section of my department
that's on a different floor, but kept the color printer... And I find
out that it's not printing the backgrounds for some reason that I don't
have time to troubleshoot since I was running from these notes the next
evening... Argh.