Re: [DL] Bringing down Grimme (Spoilers)

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:00:36 +0200 (EET) Janne Matti Oskari Vuorenmaa
<jvuorenm@cc.hut.fi> writes:

> Spoiler alert in the title. Which means, that you player types
> should
> scram. Honestly.
>

> ---Spoiler space---
>

> My posse seems to have an obsession of bringing down our favourite
> reverend. They've bloodied their noses twice already (counting in
> yesterday), but are more and more determined to doin' him.
>
> And I, of course, do not want it to be impossible, only immensely
> hard.
> It is, after all, an excellent goal for this chapter of my
> campaign.
>
> What makes it even harder is, that of the three surviving members,
> one is
> a huckster who has trouble sleeping in the city, and therefore
> cannot
> spedn too much time within 75 miles radius of the city, one is a
> blessed
> who is hunted by the church of LA (5 point enemy hindrance) and the
> last
> one is badly peppered and imprisoned by them.
>
> My questions are:
> 1. What would you have as Grimmes weaknesses? I like 'logical'
> weaknesses
> that many of the DL critters and baddies have. What would be
> Grimme's
> achilles heel? Firstly, probably, the dude is unkillable as long as
> LA is
> ok and the cathedral is still standing -- this should be very easy
> for the
> players to understand. After all ,it is mentioned in several places,
> that
> the whole city is built according to his "heavenly" plans. Other
> pointers
> or ideas? Last night my players pondered this, and they came up with
> two: MS
> gizmos -- that's why he opposes mad science (they do not know why
> Grimme
> opposes railroads. They presume it is because of MS) and holy men.
> The
> first is wrong, the latter only partially, IMO. Ideas?
>
> 2. The factions in and near LA. Possible people they might contact
> and try
> to team up with? Men of the grid, naturally. Others? Mexicans might
> be
> interested, if well enough buttered, at least if offered
> significant
> assistance. How about injuns, does e.g. the necessity alliance have a
> good
> enough reason to help? Some of the char's are rangers, but they're
> on an
> unauthorized gig at the moment, and will probably lose their badges
> 'just
> in case' if they reveal their plans to the Rangers, who do not want
> to get
> mixed up with a conflict of that size. Kang, maybe? LaCroix (who was
> the
> [...]

 Los Mestizos may want to help this posse out, as well as former sheriff
duncan and his group.

As a weakness.... I don't know what would hurt him, but it would
interesting if he regenerated no matter what, until he was cannibalized
again, poosibly by a blessed.

Dave "Cannibals are fun" Goecke

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com