Re: [DL] What do i do wrong? (High Targets and booring long Combat)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clint Black" <cblack@ohtinc.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 4:04 PM
Subject: RE: [DL] What do i do wrong? (High Targets and booring long Combat)

> Okay, I just want to double check something first.  You do know about
> "acing" a die roll, right?  If you roll the highest number on the die (a 6
> on a d6), then you reroll and add it to your total.

yep thats what we do actually we where even adding together the close combat
damage instead of making a str roll and just adding the bonus die to it,
till i read somewhere in the errata:" dont do that"

> And for my own peace of mind, your players do take cover, hit the ground,
or
> do whatever else they can to make themselves a harder target, don't they?

no normally not most of the time they just stand around and shoot "rambo
style".

  Does anybody in your group use a rifle?  Or
> a shotgun?  The shotgun is especially nice if you have a low die for
> Shootin' cause you get +2 to hit in addition to greater damage.

Rifles are allmost unheard of in my group but actually they would have been
pretty useless till now most of the time they had the combat up close and
personal being attackt by unarmed walking deads in train waggons or ambushed
by undeat coyotes in a small cave and there the rifle would have been at a
big disadvantage once the nastys got close what usally was just a matter of
one or two actions.