RE: [DL] What do i do wrong? (High Targets and booring long Combat)

Okay, I just want to double check something first.  You do know about
"acing" a die roll, right?  If you roll the highest number on the die (a 6
on a d6), then you reroll and add it to your total.

It may seem like a silly question, but in my experience, it's a surprisingly
easy thing to miss.

>i just have one player in my group that has d10 or even d12 and he is a
>huckster that draw incredibele good when creating his caracter all the
other
>players have d6s in most of there atributes and rarly a d8.

Actually, the other players sound incredibly unlucky.  Over 25% of the cards
in the deck provide a d10 or better (king, queens, aces, and jokers).  If
you draw 12 cards for your character, you should get 3 d10's or better on
average.

>No normally they dont aim at all: " what does the +1 to hit gives me when i
>take 1 or 2 wounds till i can use my second action and are at -1 or -2 for
>the wound then?"

I think his point is that players usually end up with multiple actions where
the bad guy mooks don't.  The players should use this to their advantage.
Here's a good strategy:  when it comes to their action, they put their first
card up their sleeve.  That way if the bad guys attack before their next
action, they can still interrupt them.  But if the bad guys don't act before
their next card, then use it to aim.  Continue this until they get the +3
for aiming or the bad guys attack.

>no normally not they save up all the chips they have to negate wounds since
>even a single light wound gives a -1 penalty and they are even less likely
>to make any roll afterwards (same reason why they dont aim) this is why i
>was also thinking about lowering the penaltys for all wound modifiers by 1.

Did any of your guys take Thick-Skinned or have they considered buying it
with Bounty Points?  That would lower their wound modifiers and you don't
have to change the game.

And for my own peace of mind, your players do take cover, hit the ground, or
do whatever else they can to make themselves a harder target, don't they?

>In averange you roll 9 or 10 damage whit 3D6 wich is 1 wound for an
averange
>human so normally it takes around 5 hits before he goes down. or do we do
>something wrong here?

Well, with acing, average damage should be more like 12 points of damage for
3d6, meaning 2 wounds per hit.  Does anybody in your group use a rifle?  Or
a shotgun?  The shotgun is especially nice if you have a low die for
Shootin' cause you get +2 to hit in addition to greater damage.

Other things you could do to speed combat is to drop Stun like you said.
I've also used a set Wind loss for each wound level (1/3/6/10/15).

Hope this helps!

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."