RE: [DL] deadlands humor, or Not a hollow golem, or Voodoo doll golem

>All this talk of chocalate golems has given me another
>idea. A life-size voodoo doll made of wax and
>fashioned into the image of one of the PCs. The voodoo
>doll is then animated animated, as a golem, to attack
>and kill the PC the doll was made of. Now when the PC
>is being attacked by this mirror image of himself in
>wax and he inflicts a wound on it and suddenly finds
>the same wound appear on his body, what will he do?
>The problem is, I haven't thought of an appropriate
>way of destroying the golem without killing the PC.
>Maybe it could be a water soluble wax so all they have
>to do is submerge it in water. But that sounds kind of
>contrived.
>
>Remember your chemistry and biology man! Need to do away with those pesky
>wax monsters? Fats and waxes dissolve readily in alcohol, just let fly with
>a blast of  the three wisemen (Johnny Walker, Jack Daniels, and Jose'
>Cuervo) and there's one less golem to deal with.
>
> >>Marshal J

If we're going to be remembering our chemistry, we best also remember that
wax, as a lipid, isn't water soluble.  It will never dissolve.  Your posse
should have to rely on subtlety.  Do something to the golem that would
destroy the wax, but not hurt the man, like lure it out into the hot midday
sun.  A man will do just fine in hundred degree heat (provided he gets
enough water, that is), but a wax sculpture...

Joe Kaczmarek

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_advancedjmf_3mf