RE: [DL] deadlands humor, or Not a hollow golem, or Voodoo doll golem

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]On
Behalf Of Patrick Downs
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 8:00 PM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: [DL] deadlands humor, or Not a hollow golem, or Voodoo doll
golem

--- Joey Fanning <wraith530@comcast.net> wrote:
> Maybe so, but you just know those things look big,
> but they're hollow.  I
> suggest you bite the ears off first.

All this talk of chocalate golems has given me another
idea. A life-size voodoo doll made of wax and
fashioned into the image of one of the PCs. The voodoo
doll is then animated animated, as a golem, to attack
and kill the PC the doll was made of. Now when the PC
is being attacked by this mirror image of himself in
wax and he inflicts a wound on it and suddenly finds
the same wound appear on his body, what will he do?
The problem is, I haven't thought of an appropriate
way of destroying the golem without killing the PC.
Maybe it could be a water soluble wax so all they have
to do is submerge it in water. But that sounds kind of
contrived.

Remember your chemistry and biology man! Need to do away with those pesky
wax monsters? Fats and waxes dissolve readily in alcohol, just let fly with
a blast of  the three wisemen (Johnny Walker, Jack Daniels, and Jose'
Cuervo) and there's one less golem to deal with.

--
Joseph C. Wolf
Line Developer, Dark Heaven Legends d20