From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net] On
Behalf Of Nick Zachariasen
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2002 10:04 AM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: [DL] deadlands humor, or Not a hollow golem, or Voodoo doll
golem

> All this talk of chocalate golems has given me another
> idea. A life-size voodoo doll made of wax and
> fashioned into the image of one of the PCs. The voodoo
> doll is then animated animated, as a golem, to attack
> and kill the PC the doll was made of. Now when the PC
> is being attacked by this mirror image of himself in
> wax and he inflicts a wound on it and suddenly finds
> the same wound appear on his body, what will he do?
> The problem is, I haven't thought of an appropriate
> way of destroying the golem without killing the PC.
> Maybe it could be a water soluble wax so all they have
> to do is submerge it in water. But that sounds kind of
> contrived.

I meant to reply to this days ago, but here goes:

O.K., this thing mirrors on him the damage it takes, right? Well, how
about
the only way to damage it is for him to damage himself? He cuts his arm
with
a knife, only he doesn't take the wound- it does. He cuts his arm off,
his
arm is intact but the voodoo doll's arm falls off. He blows himself up
with
dynamite, the doll takes the massive damage instead... up to the point
required to kill it :) .

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times