Re: Re: [DL] Civil War Banned from Knox County Schools

> Come to think of it, I don't think I learned much about history until I was
> out of school and sought it out on my own.

Reminds me of a teacher I had when I was 17 or 18. We learned for weeks about Empress Maria Theresia (one of the most importan figures in Austrian history) - but only internal politics. We even had to learn the names of every single advisor she ever had. Ok, so finally, we heard all about her changes in Austrian School System and whatnot, then we switch to the French Revolution.
So I ask, "Uhm, Ma'am, what about the external affairs in that period". And she looks at me and says, "Oh, there wasn't really anything worth mentioning".
Oh, right. Just the Seven-Years-War, the Uprising in the Netherlands, the Russian-Turkisch War, the Austrian-Turkish War...

Markus