Re: [DL] Civil War Banned from Knox County Schools

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 05:32  PM, Jason Young wrote:
> I bet I could show you American kids with the same bit of knowledge
> missing. Be careful in your generalizations of another culture. . . .

Very, very true. I lucked into a 'job' in middle school (Junior high
for those in certain areas) running the school's nifty history AV gear
(a Laserdisk player full of video, slides, and other media covering
huge chunks of history controlled by an Apple IIgs) but I think I still
payed attention even while playing with this proto-geek toy. And I had
a really good teacher that year...