Re: [DL] Civil War Banned from Knox County Schools

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 05:40  PM, Jason Young wrote:
> Disneyland Tokyo is supposed to be like Disneyland everywhere else --
> the
> happiest place on earth. Not an appropriate place to take an honest
> look
> at Japan in WWII. I'll certainly forgive this.

This is the only vaguely good reason for Virginia shooting down the
attempt by Disney to build a historical themed theme park about a
decade ago... It was a pity, as the area could have used the jobs and
road congestion NOT going towards DC would hopefully have been a
non-issue.

However, even with the horror stories I've heard, the treatment of the
subject matter at the more educational oriented parks has been
relatively good, I hear. They've got an animal-themed one, I believe,
that sounds like it was a good job once they got beyond some horrid
animal cruelty issues.

But that's way off topic.