Re: [DL] Civil War re-enacting

> How many people here have tried Civil War Re-enacting.

Well me for one.  I know Mr. Christopher McGlothlin is a reenactor also.
 I think there may be a few more of us on the list.

> Do you act out a certain battle and all the people have a script.

Many reenactments are held near the actual battle sites and they do
recreations of the said battle.  ex. Gettysburg, Manassas, Sharpsburg,
Cedar Creek.

> Or are there actual rules.

Yes.  many are for safty reasons.  ex. no lead bullets (live ammo) on
the field, no bayonet charges.

>   Or is it all improvised.

Some engagements are imporvised.  They are more for the fun of the
reeactors than for the public eye.

> It always seemed kinda fun, but I never understand how it works

It is a lot of fun.  I would suggest if you are interested in pursuing
this further is to research it on the internet and to attend an event
and talk to some of the reenactors there.

--
Jay

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine

Chico CA city ordinance