From: <Frempath2@netscape.net>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 8:45 PM
Subject: RE: [DL] civil war medals etc

> During the American Civil War there was only 1 medal to be awarded and
that was the union's Congressional Medal of Honor. That's it.
> The CMH was created to honor the James Andrew's mission in the south which
resulted in the great locomotive chase.  The CMH was then awarded quite
freely, compared to modern standards, and some were later revoked.
> That's not to say that you couldn't change that of course, and there were
occasions were governments would strike special medals to honor great men
and great deeds.  You could always do that.