Re: [DL] d20 blessed and turn undead.

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 12:51  PM, cnc80@shaw.ca wrote:

> Friekin' turn undead.
> I have a deadlands d20 game with a deluded blessed in it who keeps
> blasting through the walkin' dead (hell in one encounter, he didn't
> even bother getting out of his bedroll).
> Normally this would be a big deal, but the adventure is based on an
> unholy allience between bayou vermillion and sweetrock in the town of
> tuscon.
> Any ideas on how to handle the blessed?

Oh: For another practical discussion, Deadlands undead can sue guns.
Turn Undead has a limited range as far as I can remember. Great, the
blessed turned the handful that ran at him with broken rifles as clubs,
but what about the trio of former snipers in concealed positions?

 From my experiences, though, some character types and some adventures
just don't work. In your case, maybe it's time to accentuate the
Sweetwater goons and other mundane aspects and keep the undead on ice
until you need them... I'm sure such an alliance would use a great deal
of normal gunslingers as guards in areas where undead might bring
unwanted attention.