[DL] need help with converting deadlands monk (d20)

As my latest project and upon request of one of my new players, I have been attempting to convert the deadlands monk over to d20.

what I've pretty much done is stripped out all of the extrordinary abilties that they normally get, and basically give them a free chi ability at each level they would receive them normally, as well as a pool of chi points (basically spell points renamed), that they roll against concentration

I also stripped out the normal bonus feats and gave them a list of possible feats they can get at thsi level, and removed their enhanced attacks, movement and wisdom bonus for A.C.

What I have been having problems with is that many of these chi based abilities in the original deadlands seem to be done with feats.

Any ideas on how to convert them over without loosing their deadlands feel?