Re: [DL] Suggestions on Adventures

--- Jay Anstiss <janstiss@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Marshal Mike - as nadiv says, running your own
> adventures is probably the
> best way to go. I've been collecting DL material
> since it first appeared and
> have multiple ring binders full of material for
> adventures. If need be I can
> scan through them and suggest a couple of themed
> adventures for you?!
> Infact, an adventure we just finished this week
> (I've been GM'ing since DL
> started - this was my FIRST ever game! :D  ) might
> be a good one to get your
> teeth into. Not so much a horror one but certainly
> something to bring your
> party together with.
>
> Jay.

Howdy,

My game has already started and the intro is one of my
own.  I do have plans on running primarily original
adventures.  As mentioned before, I considered putting
in "Last Stop" in-between stories for my posse to have
fun with.
My real question was that if there were any pre-made
adventures out there that were fun and worth running
and which ones I should probably avoid.
Thanks for the offer for help on themes and stuff.  I
love to hear what kinds of stuff others have done.

--- Reemull <reemull@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Any other suggestions?  Any that don't play well?
> > Have any success stories or horror stories?
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> I use the Dime Novels as fillers when I don't have
> enough people to run my normal game.
> I've incorporated Forbidden God into my game with
> the full posse and it
> worked well - what helped was one of the characters
> botched his guts
> and ran, so I gave the player the baddy to run and
> he did a far better
> job than I would have.

<snip>

> The Werewolf crossovers I
> don't plan to use.  As fillers I would say the dime
> novels are
> excellent and wouldn't say that any of them
> immediately struck me as
> not playing well.  I would only incorporate a few
> into my actual game,
> however the others are still good for side games.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Roy

Thanks!  I've looked at Forbidden God and I may use it
sometime.  And, I also don't really plan on ever using
the Werewolf: Wild West crossover.

--- Mary Beth Hodic <maddox@starpower.net> wrote:
> In which book can I find "Last Stop"?  I'm running
> an intro game before a larp
> next week, and something short and sweet with a good
> hook would be absolutely
> ideal.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Mary Beth Hodic

You can download "Last Stop" at the Pinnacle website.

It looks short and sweet.  So, it'll just be filler
material for me! ^_^

--- markus.finster@chello.at wrote:

<snip>

> Night Train was fun as well - it showed, why it
> deserves the infamous nickname "PC-Death Train". The
> characters dropped dead after the Harrowed Texas
> Ranger's Manitou took control during all the turmoil
> in the attack, though.
>
> Markus

Heh... I'm curious on how that'd go if I ran it.
Though, I'm a little reluctant... since I've seen more
than once it being considered a PC-killer.

OH, and "Last Stop" IS still in the downloads section
at the Pinnacle Website.

Adios,
"Iron Marshal" Mike