Re: [DL] Deadlands Down Under

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 09:29  PM, Adam Gritt wrote:

> Or anything such as for Europe or the direct Far East, not just for
> Chinese-Americans?

I think Shane's been pretty open that he'll at least look over any
articles for the Epitaph covering the Reckoning in other countries, but
keep in mind a few things:

* Sales of at least some of the 'setting books' was apparently poor.
Specifically, Back East North and South.It's a pity, as they have some
neat stuff in them...

* Deadlands is a game about Westerns. As such, covering the American
West is OK, but covering Europe...

* It's your game, so do what you want... but don't expect a lot of
projects covering things that are out of the real core of the Deadlands
setting.

* All of this is IMHO, of course.

Now, on the other hand a lot of Westerns were inspired by asian
stories, i believe, so you could do something their, I guess.

My personal opinion is that the Reckoning is 'centered' on the American
West. Europe, Asia, and other areas certainly have outbreaks, but they
don't get a lot of the low-level effects of the reckoning, like the
technically supernatural but thought to be normal species such as
Mojave Rattlers.

Again, that's my opinion. There's certainly isolated pockets of
weirdness in Europe... the family haunts (pun intended) of the Blood
Mages, the rare Vampire or similar that survived the long period when
magic was powerless, etc. However, the core of the weirdness is
somewhere in the West, and so that's where all the important stuff
happens.

Again, my opinion.