Re: [DL] any suggestions?

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 10:38  AM, nytflyr wrote:

> My wife is about to run Deadlands for the first time, the players have
> their
> characters ready and they seem to be excited about the whole notion.
>
> any suggestions you can give her that I can pass along? she has run
> games
> before, but usually Cyberpunk 2020.

I've played in one one-shot of CP2020, and my take is that both games
can be highly cinematic even though the rules are pretty detailed.
Deadlands has a slight edge, as the fate chips are more powerful and
more common than the 'luck points' CP2020 uses, but both are very
capable systems.

Basically, have fun, make interesting characters, and enjoy.