RE: [DL] 2 Questions about Chips

The way I do it with my group is if there are no more chips of that color they can either draw a like amount (2 white for a red, 1 red and 1 white for a blue, etc) or just trade it in for bounty that they get to spend at the end of the adventure.  Also at the end of each session the posse writes down the chips they have and if it is the end of a section/act of the adventure then the next time we play they get to draw chips instead of each session because we do a lot of BSing as we play so not much gets accomplished.  Also at each draw I limit the players to five chips max to start with (in other words, they draw three chips and can carry over 2 chips).  Over the course of the act, they can obviously get more chips but this helps keep more in the pot.  As the marshal I keep track of whatever chips I have until the end of the adventure at which point I turn them in.  I have found that this works well for both the marshal and the posse and both seemed to agree with it.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net] On Behalf Of Patrick Jungbluth
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 8:34 AM
To: Deadlands Mailinglist
Subject: [DL] 2 Questions about Chips

Hello everyone,

during our last DL session last nigth i encountert a small problem about giving faith chips away as rewards. what happens if all the blue and most of the red chips are gone from the pot and an adventure calls for an award of 2 blue and 4 red chips for each player at the end of the session, and there are not enougth chips left?

another thing i was wondering about all the time: everyone (including the marshal) draws 3 chips at the beginning of a session the players for sure keep all the chips they have not spend but what happens whit the chips from the marshal? does he discard all chips he got or has left at the end of the session and starts with 3 the next time or does he also keep a running total?

regards

Patrick