Re: [DL] 2 Questions about Chips

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 11:50  AM, Lorgryt wrote:

> Another answer is that if it is the end of the night/adventure hand
> out 14 bounty points instead of 2 red and 4 blue chips.  As a wise man
> once said, "Since when was life fare?"  Or, "Sucks for them!"  It does
> keep the chip problem down.
> DO ENFORCE THE CHIP MAXIMUM!  Otherwise the players will pull of
> things like jumping off a trestle to a dry river bed, soaking up 4
> levels of the maiming damage to their legs, just because they wanted
> to be first to the wreck.  That kind of "John Wo-ing" may seem fun,
> but it gets out of hand fast.

I enforce the limit at the end of an adventure... Not a huge issue, but
some of my home-brews especially have been known to start with a bang,
so some posse members had been known to hoard chips. I've still got one
who's been holding on to a legend chip for a long time. I think he's
afraid to use it...