Re: [DL] shaman power "remedy" opinions

On Sunday, January 26, 2003, at 05:30  PM, Deadlander@aol.com wrote:

> hi folks, the remedy favour in hexarcana says it can cure supernatural
> poisons and dieseases, do you think this can negate elixers??
> i ask because the texas ranger in my group brought a bottle of hair
> growth
> tonic from a ms and overdosed the apachie shamen with it on purpose
> and he
> now suffers from alot of long hair that regrows when its cut.
> it is very amusing but has really p' ed off the shaman. he has bought
> the
> above to get rid of it, but im in two minds weather an elixer is a
> supernatural poison, and the fact that as two members of the posse
> have used
> life giving elixers this would mean the shaman can kill them by using
> the
> above power.
>  any thoughts on this?

One thing to remember (and this applies to magic of any sort in any
game) is that it by definition follows it's own rules. Logic, at least
the kind we use, need not apply.

The hair growth is, in this case, a negative effect. As such, I'd say
it can be cured with appropriate means including Remedy.

Life giving elixers are pretty different, so it really shouldn't
interact.

But that's my opinion.