Re: [DL] Chips and Bounty

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 09:44  AM, Ivan wrote:

> I just had one of those "D'OH!" moments. Playing
> Revised Edition rules, not d20.
> Looking over my posses, several of the members have a
> habit of hoarding chips in between adventures. Are
> they meant to be forced to trade those in for Bounty
> at the end of every adventure, to star tthe new one
> with only three? That would make the job of keeping
> the adventures tough much, much easier.
> No rulebook handy, so I'd be grateful for any
> clarification on this matter - or even "how we handle
> it" types of answers.

Things can be a bit muddied, as my group has three or more different
printings of the core rules, including an old origional-release
softcover up through HoE and revised books (which are mine, so they are
The Rules. Mostly.).

However, we're using this:

There's a 'cap' of 10 chips for carryover. They rest can be converted
to bounty and saved as desired.Bounty can never be converted back.

The cap is, however, only enforced at downtime sessions. I don't let
experience be spent for most stuff unless it's an in-game thing (I.E.
learning a new hex or syker power) except at downtime, so the posse can
build up a chip stash until then.  Otherwise, it's a bit unfair...

The 10 chip cap doesn't apply to the marshall, either.