Re: [DL] Chemical Weapons

--- John Billings <jmb@dwarven.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes - don't want an madsci bag of holding thing.
> It's the mad sci archetype's bag from the player's
> guide.

AH!  That explains it.  That is a carpet bag
laboratory, which allows him to do mad science without
any penalties.  Without it, every time he makes a
blueprint (or formula), he had to drop one random card
from the hand he draws.

Contents wise, I would guess it contains minimal
actual chemicals since those would probably be covered
in the cost of what he's actually making.  Assume some
minimal basics for experimentation purposes (sulpher,
ammonia, hydrogen peroxide), plenty of equipment (gas
burner, mechancial tools, glasswear), and perhaps a
reference book or New Science magazine.

On that note, I recommend this site:

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/index.html

GREAT source material on alchemy in specific, and
chemical mad science in general, with plenty of books
and formulas to throw at players.

> Now, there's fun.  Drop two random chemicals in a
> puddle, what happens?  Roll d20 and consult
> the 'Spills Table'.

*nod*  Good idea!  I'd love to see it.

Marguerite