[DL] Dime Store novels

Finally, after eight digests of bad poetry, something worthwhile....

Dime Store novel suggestions...

spoilers

Okay, when I ran Night Train, I did the whole deal of having abandoned
stops, farmhouses, telegraph offices, etc. for about six sessions.  EVERY
SINGLE TIME the posse came across one, they'd figure it was the intro to an
adventure.  Did whatever investigating they could, but wouldn't give them
any clues.  They figured it had something to do with the DP v. Wasach feud.

THEN they get their first solid lead on it, and we did Night Train.  Like
someone else said, I had the problem of the folks near the end saying, "Hell
no, we ain't going after it!!!!"  Only after some cajoling by one player,
they did so, found that the 'meat car' was the last one and unhooked it,
leaving the train to go on.

Perdition's Daughter needs the clue in the story, otherwise, the posse gets
frustrated over how to deal with the big bad.

Independence day--heheheheheh  Have LOTS of fun with those walkin' heads.
Also, remember he can climb walls.  I had Butcher do an Alien deal during
the celebartion.  Fireworks going off, gunfire (some at walkin' heads, some
just for fun), folks screaming for no good reason, folks screaming for very
good reasons.  When they finally had the show down, Butch had surprised one,
took a swing and sliced through the gunslinger's shotgun and ripped him a
new one--my first fatality.  (Butch made a humonous roll, player opted to
vamoose and use the shotgun as a defensive weapon, which I allowed, Butch
still hit, did MASSIVE amounts of damage, so to knock it down some, I had
him slice through the shotgun to reduce the damage; ie: gave the shotgun an
AV of 2.  Dude bled to death.)

I'd say forget the werewolf ones.  I didn't like them.

Adios A Migos; good for vet deaders who haven't played CoC.  Brains in jars
mechanically saying "kill me" over & over creeped them out a bit.  Oh!  And
instead of the guys just saying "Yup" and "Nope." all the time, I had them
say short sentences and eyeballing the posse weirdly.  At one point, when
someone asked what was for lunch, I had a guy say, "Eatin' doesn't start
'til night." and stare at him, grinning.

Hadn't ran Skinners, but it looks good.  Of course, players can ruin best
laid plans.

Worms! is a great way to "thin the herd."

Jeff S