Re: [DL] Goin' Bust

It's possible that the person in question was me - I had *tried* to post to
the list with the suggestion of, in situations where it was appropriate, to
allow a player who goes bust but still achieves success on his other dice to
succeed but still suffer the consequences of goin' bust.  I am not certain
if the post ever made it one though (there've been a few problems with my
outgoing mail this past week).

The example I had mentioned was that if the character were, say, trying to
collapse a bridge to prevent pursuit and went bust, but had at least one
really good roll in the mix, the Marshal would allow him to collapse the
bridge, but perhaps get caught under the collapsing timbers.

It would be up to the Marshal to decide when (or if) to do something like
this, but as someone else mentioned it can be very frustrating to have a
really good roll stolen by a stack of 1's.  I would tend to favor the idea
of "ok, you succeeded in spite of going bust...  HOWEVER...  <insert painful
consequences here>".

Presumably going bust with none of the dice meeting or beating the TN would
be a lot worse, of course.  Degrees of failure and all that.

Mac