Re: [DL] Again, Apologies to all (John Vogel)

On Monday, March 10, 2003, at 02:34  PM, darious@nmia.com wrote:
> What /I/ can offer is, if you are willing to go without your computer
> for
> about a week, I can run a forensic analysis of the drive and see if any
> evidence was left behind to allow you to prove to Mom that little
> timmy is
> a little punk deserving of a c-punch.
>
> This will be of limited use if the password was compromised on your
> system but the trolling took place elsewhere.   If little timmy was
> home
> during the time period, then you might be able to work with mom on this
> to grab the home machine.
> The trick is to not let the kid know what's up so as to mimimize his
> attempts to cover his tracks.

I think that they'll be able to prove this either way. Most people
who'd find this kind of thing funny won't worry about covering tracks
too well. He'll slip up, and family pressure can be very convincing at
times...

Of course, I remember getting into my big brother's BBS software when I
was 12 or so and dialing up some boards under his name... Thankfully I
didn't get into too much trouble and stayed out of really personal
stuff like email!