RE: [DL] Fudging

> Marshalls amongst us - an earlier thread raised the point of fudging,
> or cheating - to what extent to other marshalls use this?

I freakin' hate when a GM fudges in either direction when I'm
 playing.  I hate even suspecting that it might be happening.

 Other opinions?

<<Snip>>

I always fudge on the side of drama, if a failed roll on a player's behalf
occurs at a critical moment I have been known to look the other way by
giving the player a second chance event to avoid anti-climax. Not always,
the player in question really has to impress me throughout the game to earn
this one time non-renewable reward.

I've also done the same thing with the bad guys in cases where a string of
bad luck has infected my dice rolls, or a good luck on the players'. Again,
only in the name of a good story and to avoid anti-climax.

Most game sessons I don't have to fudge all that much, if I wanna have
something happen I usually just rule that it does and not get bogged down
with the details. Eg. If I wan the posse to be captured by an evil mad
scientist who's put a mickey in their broth, I wouldn't even allow Vigor
rolls. I just say the posse members just konk out, and the last thing they
remember is going face down in the soup. They awake some time later in
peril.

The bottom line is dice are a tool for determining the outcome of events.
Use them, abuse them, ignore them whatever it takes to tell the story.

Regards,

--
Joseph C. Wolf
Line Developer, Dark Heaven Legends d20