[DL] Re: Fudging

I recently had a situation recently where two of the players did
something that was completely unexpected which effectively ended up
with them chosing to drown in the hunting grounds five sessions before
the big end to my 4+ year campaign.  The rest of the posse decided to
wait around for 30mins before seeing if they were alright.  By the
rules they should just have kept taking wind until the guts wounds
killed them?

For the sake of the game and the story I fudged it and had some NPC's
have a sudden change of goal.  The characters in question ended up
losing some chips and nearly losing their trigger fingers as well,
however the rest of the posse turned up in time to prevent the surgery.

Cheers

Roy