Re: [DL] Fudging

----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Vose <kitsune@xmission.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [DL] Fudging

> The story is always more important than the rolls. Always.  That said, you

Damn right. I remember a Star Wars campaign from my youth. We'd been having
a lot of fun playing those characters for 1 1/2 years. We'd survived a lot
of stuff together, lost a few friends along the way, but most of the
original PCs were still around to give a sense of continuity.

We were embarking on our last mission, with the fate of the galaxy hanging
in the balance. We knew where we had to go, and what we had to do. Then our
navigator rolls the worst absolute Astrogation roll I've ever seen. The GM
says we emerge in the middle of an asteroid field, and assigns the pilot PC
a bunch of very difficult piloting rolls. He missed one of them and we hit
an asteroid. BLAM! End of campaign. The GM's reply to this? "The dice have
spoken".

I could have strangled him there and then...

-P-A