Re: [DL] Fudging

The story is always more important than the rolls. Always.  That said, you
fudge when it is appropriate to fudge.  If a missed shot by your villain is
just a missed shot and really doesn't heighten suspense or further the
story, there is no need to fudge.  If having your villain make an insanely
difficult jump and still plug the hexslinger to allow him to get away from
the posse so he can show up later, by all means fudge.

The same, of course, is true in the reverse.  Killing off a character just
because the die roll says so is kinda wimpy.  Fudge in the character's
favor unless the player was supremely stupid and blew all his chips on
making his tinkering roll to repair the coffee pot so they could have
coffee five minutes before taking on the fearmonger. ;>