Re: [DL] Hucksters (kinda long, but there's and Edge)

> Now what about the spell slinger that wants to cast spells from another
> AB? All the Huckster AB's are so close, rather than have to by the
> adiitional AB, bya a new edge called... I don't know... Cross Casting.
> This is mostly to aid marshals to allow player to cast from multiple hex
> schools, but not get that extra boost for free.
>

> Cross Casting 2: a Huckster of any variety knows how to learn and cast
> spells known by another group of hucksters. this can be bought twice in
> order to to know all the knowledge. you are still limited to the same
> amount of starting hexes as before. You must have at least one level of
> Hexslingin' and Academia: Occult for each variety of huckster spells you
> know.

The thing is, though, Sitgreaves doesn't teach a different way of casting.
He simply created more hexes and planted a message in the S&R catalog
telling of the source of MS inspiration. Hexslingers/Shootists also cast the
same way Hucksters do. They just visualize it differently. They all
visualize a duel between themselves and the manitou. It's just a matter of
how it's visualized. Shootist hexes are hexes like any other. They're just
not recorded anywhere. Someone just developed them and they spread via word
of mouth. A Huckster can cast the hexes in TD/Hexarcana and Law Dogs/Lone
Stars. A Shootist can cast the hexes in H&H. Metal Mages are actually
Hucksters who are also Mad Scientists. It's not actually an arcane
background in itself.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times